EXTERNAL JOINERY WARRANTY
- Applies from when goods are collected, delivered or installed
- For replacement items, extends for the remainder of the original warranty period
- Is not transferrable to subsequent owners of the property in which the goods are installed
- Requires proof of both purchase and delivery to substantiate a claim
It covers the following items:
Timber Window Frames, Casements and Sashes, Timber Doors and Door Frames
All components fully finished with a standard three coat opaque factory finish that have been pre-hung and fitted in our workshop are guaranteed to be free from defective manufacturing, materials and workmanship for 5 years.
All components fully finished with a standard three coat translucent factory finish that have been pre-hung and fitted in our workshop are guaranteed to be free from defective manufacturing, materials and workmanship for 3 years.
Finishes are warrantied against blistering and flaking (which does not include natural resin exudation/bleeding; extractive staining; movement around knots and joints) as follows:
- Standard three coat opaque factory finished joinery for 5 years
- Standard three coat translucent factory finished joinery for 3 years
Provided maintenance inspections are carried out at least once every 12 months.
Ironmongery and Door Furniture
All ironmongery is warrantied to be free from mechanical failure for 5 years. Surface finishes for ironmongery are not included and are not warrantied.
All weather seals are warrantied from function failure for 5 years and replacement seals will be issued on a supply only basis and will not be fitted.
Double Glazed Units
Seals on double glazed units are warrantied as free from cavity breakdown for 5 years provided they have been factory fitted and have a minimum cavity of 12mm. Replacement seals will be replaced and fitted in the first 2 years of this warranty and will be issued on a supply only basis and not fitted for the remaining 3 years of the warranty. We reserve the right to supply a whole sash as an alternative to supplying glass for re-glazing on site. No other glass defect or phenomena are covered by this warranty.
Our warranty will not apply where:
- Products are not pre-hung and fitted in our workshop.
- Doors are manufactured from softwood and/or larger than 1200mm wide without braces.
- Items are designed to be glazed but are requested to be supplied without glass.
- Cills that exceed 85mm
- Non-standard paint finished were ordered or used by the client.
- Damage to surface coatings has occurred through physical damage, abrasion, animal damage, chemical damage, damage caused by poor maintenance or the design of the building.
- The defect has occurred as a result of:
- fair wear and tear, misuse or wilful damage;
- failure by the client or client’s representatives to follow oral or written instructions we have given about the storage, commissioning, installation, treatment, use, maintenance of repair of products or general failure to follow good trade practices;
- pollution from the surrounding area (other than general atmospheric pollution), exposure to unusual physical conditions, being installed or used in swimming pool enclosures;
- being stored prior to fitting or being fitted in poorly ventilated areas;
- surface wear that has been caused gradually by natural elements or excessive cleaning;
- alterations or repairs unauthorised by us (including the use of paint and double glazed units that are not approved by us in advance);
- our following any drawing, design or specification supplied by you;
- natural resin exudation/bleeding, extractive staining or movements arounds knots;
- external causes outside our control, including accident, fire, disaster or burglary.
- Goods will not be repaired or replaced until paid for in full.
- Any goods that are designed to be glazed but are requested to be supplied by us without glass are excluded from any warranty.
- All warranties are subject to the location and environmental conditions of the site and the care and maintenance procedures stated in the instructions given to you or available from our website.
Timber is a natural product which is finished with a micro-porous paint which is designed to let the product breathe over the lifetime of the product. Newly fitted joinery will be subject to a period of settlement over the first couple of years. Due to this, we cannot accept any liability for adjustment of external joinery after collection / delivery / installation. This may include adjustment of locks/keeps or shooting in of timber items. Please be careful not to carry out any excessive shooting in over the winter months as the gaps will increase again in the summer months.
Our advice to minimise potential movement would be to request the joinery is manufactured in Accoya timber, please see benefits taken from Accoya.com below.